The 12th Conference of the Values and Policies of Personal Information Chair is organized in partnership with the media Contexte, specialized in European affairs.
In the morning session, a roundtable with Thibaut Kleiner (EU Commission), Robert Mac Dougall (Chair of AIOTI WG04) and Olivier Ezraty (expert in innovation strategies) will describe the actors and the issues at stake in the European ecosystem of the Internet of Things, and will discuss the directions the European ecosystem should take.
The afternoon will be dedicated to two subjects addressed from the academic viewpoint.
First, legal aspects of the IoT, in particular with regard to the implementation of the new General Data Protection Regulation (EU) will be discussed. This new legal text came into force on 24 May 2016 and will apply from 25 May 2018. What would be it main impacts on the design of devices, application and services involved in the IOT?
Second, in the session entitled “New brave IoT”, societal and ethical aspects of these new man-machine environments will be investigated.
What would be the consequences on our capacity of action – political, social, and collective?
How the structure of our societies will evolve?
For which benefits and at what potential cost?
09:30 Opening and welcome words, by Godefroy Beauvallet, Innovation Director of the Institut Mines-Télécom, Vice-President of the "Conseil National du Numérique" (French national digital council)
Round table : “The Internet of Things in the European Ecosystem”
Moderated by a journalist from the media Contexte, European and French politics
• Thibaut Kleiner , European Commission, Deputy Head of Cabinet of Günther H. Oettinger, the European Commissioner for Digital Economy and Society
• Robert Mac Dougall, Head of Enterprise Public Policy at Vodafone Group, Chair of the Alliance for Internet of Things Innovation (AIOTI) Policy Working Group
• Olivier Ezraty, international expert in innovation strategies
12:30 - Lunch
14:00 Round table : “IoT and the implementation of the new General Data Protection Regulation (EU)”
The General Data Protection Regulation ("GDPR") came into force on 24 May 2016 and will apply from 25 May 2018. What would be it main impacts on the design of devices, application and services involved in the IOT?
• Yann Padova, Commissioner, Regulatory Commission of Energy
• Denise Lebeau-Marianna, Head of the Data Protection practice at Baker & McKenzie Paris
15h15 Round Table : “Brave new IoT ?” Societal and ethical aspects of the new man-machine environments
What would be the implications of these technologies at the individual and collective level? How the structures of our societies will evolve? For which benefits and at what potential cost?
• Bernard Benhamou, Secretary General of the Institute of Digital Sovereignty (ISN)
• Rob van Kranenburg, founder of Council, Internet of Things ecology accelerator
16h15 - Closing remarks by Claire Levallois-Barth, Research Chair founder and coordinator
402 vues Visites